Investor Relations Contact
- Who can I contact MercadoLibre's Investor Relations Area?
- If you need further information about MercadoLibre Inc, you may forward your concerns to:
Federico SandlerHead of Investor RelationsMercadoLibre,IncAv. Del Libertador 101 17th FloorVicente Lopez, Province of Buenos Aires 1638, Argentina
Investor Relations Website
- How can I request information to be sent to me?
- Click here.
- How can I listen to the webcast for the earnings report?
- Access Investor Events & Presentations here.
- Where can I find all of MercadoLibre Inc's SEC filings?
- Click here or you can access through the SEC website.
- How can I download and view the quarterly and annual reports online?
- You can view our quarterly results in our site and our annual reports directly from here.
- What does MercadoLibre do?
We host the largest online trading platform and payments ecosystem in Latin America located at www.mercadolibre.com. We are present in 18 countries including: Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Venezuela and Peru. Based on unique visitors and page views we are market leaders in each of the major countries were we are present.
Through our online commerce platform and related services, we provide our users with robust online commerce and payments tools that not only contribute to the development of a large and growing ecommerce community in Latin America (a region with a population of over 605 million people and one of the fastest-growing Internet penetration rates in the world), but also foster entrepreneurship and social mobility. Our main focus is to deliver compelling technological and commercial solutions that address the distinctive cultural and geographic challenges of operating an online commerce and payments platform in Latin America.
We offer our users the following services:
· The MercadoLibre marketplace: The MercadoLibre marketplace is a fully-automated, topically-arranged and user-friendly online trading service. It offers buyers a large selection of new and used items that are often more expensive or otherwise hard to find through traditional offline sellers, such as brick-and-mortar retail establishments, offline classified advertisements, community bulletin boards, auction houses and flea markets. This service permits both businesses and individuals to list items and conduct their sales and purchases in the largest marketplace in Latin America.
· The MercadoPago online payments solution: To complement the MercadoLibre marketplace, we developed MercadoPago, an integrated online payments solution. MercadoPago is designed to facilitate transactions on the MercadoLibre marketplace by providing a mechanism that allows its users to securely, easily and promptly send and receive payments online. MercadoPago is available in our marketplaces in Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Peru and Uruguay.
MercadoPago is also available for purchases of goods and services outside the MercadoLibre Marketplace, as an open on-line payment service in Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Venezuela, Chile, Colombia, Peru and Uruguay. The off platform service is designed to meet the growing demand for Internet-based payments systems in Latin America. Users are able to transfer money to other users with MercadoPago accounts and to incorporate MercadoPago as a means of payments on their independent commerce websites. MercadoPago allows merchants to facilitate checkout and payment processes on their website and also enable users to simply transfer money to each other either through the website or using the MercadoPago App available in iOS and Android. MercadoPago allows merchants who are not registered with the MercadoLibre Marketplace to receive payments as long as they register with MercadoPago. It also allows consumers to pay MercadoPago registered-merchants either by registering with MercadoPago or by providing their credit card information as a “guest user”.
MercadoPago also offers a mobile point of sale service in Brazil, Argentina, and Mexico which allows merchants or individuals to process physical credit and debit cards, either by reading the chip and entering the personal identification number, or PIN, of the card or by swiping it, depending on the type of card.
· MercadoEnvios shipping service: MercadoEnvios is a shipping solution for marketplace users, available in Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Colombia, and Chile. MercadoEnvios achieves economies of scale through integration with local carriers driving down shipping costs and eliminating friction our buyers and sellers.
· The MercadoLibre Classifieds service: Enables users to list their offerings related to vehicles, vessels, aircraft real estate, and services outside the Marketplace platform. Classifieds listings differ from Marketplace listings, as they only charge optional placement fees, and never final value fees. Our classifieds pages are also a major source of traffic to our website, benefitting both the Marketplace and non-marketplace businesses.
· The MercadoLibre Advertising service: The MercadoLibre Advertising platform enables large retailers, small and medium brands and various other consumer brands to promote their products and services on our marketplace or in the internet by providing branding and performance marketing solutions.
- How does MercadoLibre make money?
We generate revenues from the MercadoLibre marketplace final value fees, as well as through non-marketplace revenue streams by delivering value added services in payments processing, shipping, classifieds, online advertising, and storefront solutions.
Percentage of Consolidated Net Revenues*
Sellers pay commissions on successful transactions, equal to a percentage of value sold (or GMV). Sellers pay for shipping integrated to their product offerings. Payments Offplatform
Sellers (or payment receivers) pay a fee for payments processed through our gateway, equal to the percentage of the payments value processed (TPV). Buyers who choose to finance their transaction pay a spread built into the value of their product over the selected installment period. Consumer credit not kept on balance sheet for long as it is either securitized or sold, allowing for positive working capital and minimal exposure or default risk. Classifieds, Ad & Others
Diversified and fast growing revenue streams
Sellers pay for optimal payment on classified listings. Clients bid for keywords, paying on a CPC basis (cost per click). Sellers pay set-up and maintenance a fee on storefronts and ERP’s powered by us.
*Total Net revenue share in FY 2017
- How many employees does MercadoLibre have?
Over 6900 employees in 2017.
We are led by a team of highly qualified management and information technology professionals who run our business and websites from our offices in Buenos Aires, São Paulo, Mexico City, Caracas, Santiago, Bogotá, and Montevideo. Seven out of ten of our most senior management officers and our four most senior technology professionals joined our team in 2000 or before, which provides us with a stable and seasoned leadership. The commitment, knowledge and track record of both our management and technology teams are valuable assets to our company. We believe that our corporate culture contributes to the high level of satisfaction of our employees and to the retention and commitment of our team.
- What is MercadoLibre Inc's fiscal year-end?
MercadoLibre's year-end is December 31st of every calendar year. Reporting quarters correspond with calendar quarters.
- Who is MercadoLibre Inc's Independent Accountant?
MeracdoLibre's auditor is Deloitte & Co. S.R.L.
- When did MercadoLibre Inc go public and at what price?
MercadoLibre Inc went public on August 10th, 2007 at an IPO split adjusted price of $18.00 per share
- Where is MercadoLibre Inc traded?
MercadoLibre Inc is traded on the Nasdaq Global Market under the symbol MELI.
- How can I invest in MercadoLibre Inc?
You can purchase shares of MercadoLibre Inc stock through a brokerage or a stock purchase service of your preference.
- Does MercadoLibre Inc have a direct purchase plan? Can I purchase MercadoLibre Inc stock directly from the company?
No, MercadoLibre Inc does not have a direct purchase plan. Shares of MercadoLibre Inc can be purchased through a broker or stock purchase service of your preference.
- Who is MercadoLibre Inc's transfer agent?
The Bank of New York
One Wall Street, 27th Floor
New York, NY 10286
- Does MercadoLibre Inc pay a cash dividend?
No. The company does not pay a quarterly dividend